Please register for camps here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e044eadae2fa5f94-summer1
June 10-14: General Camp Week (2nd-5th)
June 17-21: “Hatchet” Week (4th-7th)
June 24-28: Engineering/Design Week (2nd-5th)
July 1: No Camps This Week
July 8-12: Building a Cabin Week 1 (4th-7th)
July 15-19: Building a Cabin Week 2 (4th-7th)
July 22-26: General Camp Week (2nd-5th)
July 29-Aug 2: General Camp Week (K-1)
Aug 5-9: General Camp Week (K-1)
*(Grades are determined by the grade your child will be going into for the 2019-2020 school year)
- Each camp will be five days long (Monday-Friday)
- Camp will officially start at 9:00 am but drop off can be from 8:45-9:00 am
- We offer and early drop off option (8:00-8:45) The charge is $5 a day ($25/week). This must be arranged prior to your child’s camp week so we can prepare.
- Camp officially ends at 4:00 but pick-up can be from 4:00-4:15pm
- If you need a later pick up time you may pay $25 for the week (or $5/day) and pick your child up no later than 5:00 (Please notify staff prior to camp starting)
- If campers are picked up later than 4:15 on any given day, a $5 late fee will be assessed and charged at the end of the week
- All campers will receive a free camp t-shirt on the first day of their first week of camp
- All campers are responsible for bringing their own lunch, snack and water bottle
- Each camper will need to have all the proper forms completed and turned in on the first day of camp.
- There is also a Medical Report Form if your child requires prescribed medicine during the camp day.
General Camp Week:
Your child will be immersed in the outdoors! For general camp weeks, they will be involved in tending to the farm animals (goats, chickens, ducks, dogs), learning about the garden, learning about different ecosystems (prairies, forests, wetlands, etc.), observing different forms of living creatures (microorganisms, insects, birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, etc.), and learning how to be stewards of our beautiful planet. Each day will be carefully planned out by the staff. We also love to incorporate art/building projects and self-guided exploration into our day.
Hatchet Survival Week:
For the 5 days of camp your child will be engaged in several “survival” simulations. They will figure out how to build an effective shelter, learn how to build a fire, show that they can hunt and gather food effectively, build tools/weapons/traps. Teamwork and cooperation will be of utmost importance during this week. One requirement prior to attending will be to read Hatchet, by Gary Paulsen. This will prepare them for what they will be doing. The week will be based around the main character’s survival in the woods. It will be fun, challenging and require stamina. This will not be like our general camp week. Students who attend should be adventurous and creative problem solvers! This will be a 4-7th grade experience.
Build A Cabin Weeks 1&2:
Does your child like to build things….really big things? Then this may be a fit for him or her. During this week we will be working on constructing a real-life cabin on our property. They will be working with building tools (under adult guidance) such as: hammers, screw drivers, saws, drills, etc. Much of the work and problem solving will be done by the campers who work alongside the adults. We have never attempted something like this before, but are eager to see what the campers can do! After observing so many youth last summer who love to build things we just had to offer this unique experience. This will be a 4-7th grade experience.
- There is a non refundable registration fee of $100/child for each week that you sign up for the camp. This fee will lock your position for the camp on that week. Your position will not be secure until your registration fee is paid.
- The registration fee will go towards the total cost of the camp.
- Total Cost: $300
- Camp is to be paid in full prior to attending the first day of camp (Checks can turned in on first day).
- Payments can be maid via Paypal Friends and Family (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by check (please make check out to: The Good Earth, LLC)
- $25 discount on additional children who sign-up for the same week
- No refunds will be given if a child is asked to not return to camp do to behavioral concerns that affect the general welfare of the other campers and/or staff.
If you wish to cancel your registration:
- Two or more weeks from your camp date: Loss of registration fee ($100)
- Two weeks or less: Loss of registration and remaining camp cost ($300)
- If a serious medical issue arises and your child has to miss camp days we will prorate each remaining day and give you a refund, but a medical note from a physician will be required.
- If a family emergency comes up, then please discuss this with either Brydie or Brent